Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 1 of the Cleanse



 photo from my first half Marathon March 2012

It is the evening of day 1 of our cleanse.  I feel okay but Kelly has a headache.  We'll see how tomorrow is.  We had a smoothie for breakfast, avocado with a bell pepper tomato relish for lunch, fruit for snacks and a sweet potato stew for dinner.  Perfect day for me.

I ran 4 miles before work this morning.  I like seeing people I know when I run.  I wave and it feels nice to live in a friendly neighborhood.  After my run I did my ITB (iliotibial band) exercise routine.  I got this from Jason Fitzgerald's website Strength Running where I got my core routine also.  It is to strengthen my hips and buttocks in order to support my knees better.  This is to avoid my past season ruining injury in my right knee.

It was a crazy busy day and I am off to bed now to watch one more episode of  Orange is the New Black. If you haven't watched it you should.  It is an interesting drama about a woman like me or my friends who ends up in jail for 15 months and what that is like.  It's a Netflix series.

In September we are doing a 5K for a great neighborhood cause. Check it out and join us.

Sienna's PlayGarden 5K Run/Walk

De Anza Cove, Mission Bay

Sunday, September 8, 2013 @ 9:00 AM

http://siennasplaygarden.isabellasgiraffeclub.org

No comments:

Post a Comment