Friday, August 16, 2013

Camping and running at the beach





Each August a group of families from the neighborhood camp at Silver Strand in our RVs for a few days. There are 4 families with boys going into 4th grade so Aiden has a blast playing nonstop from when he gets up to when he falls asleep late at night.  Meanwhile as he plays so do the adults.  It's a great vacation when you don't have to spend time or money to entertain your kids. Plus for $40 bucks a night we have beachfront property.  Reading a book on the beach all day long constitutes a perfect way to relax.  I'm reading Steve Martin's autobiography.  As you can imagine it is pretty funny.  At one point he was struggling so hard to make it that he was performing at a drive in theatre in the afternoon before the movies started and if the customers thought he was funny they would honk.

Aiden at our turning around point

As for running this week; I worked 24 hours on Monday so that day was out.  As was Tuesday since I was tired. And I don't know what my excuse was for Wednesday but yesterday was an excellent run here in Coronado.  Aiden rode his bike along side of me as I ran the strand from the camp to the Hotel del Coronado and back. It totaled 8 miles and I felt great the entire time. I ran about an 11 minute pace which is so much more comfortable than 10:30. I looked at my splits from the other day at Miramar when I tanked and saw that I ran super fast (for me) the first few miles (in the 9's) which I think hurt me later.  That was a good lesson.

I love being on vacation and I love running on vacation.  It breaks up the monotony of life and of running.

Finished Run: Aug 15, 2013, 9:36:51 AM
Route: Silver Strand
Run Link: http://runmeter.com/423448324b5fff63/Run-20130815-0800?r=e
Import Link: http://share.abvio.com/423448324b5fff63/Runmeter-Run-20130815-0800.kml
Run Time: 1:31:55
Stopped Time: 4:05
Distance: 8.32 miles
Average: 11:02 /mile
Fastest Pace: 7:52 /mile
Behind Best Run: 57:55
Ascent: 217 feet
Calories: 862

http://www.runmeter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment