Sunday, July 28, 2013

10 miles and the Ace Hotel



Well that PMS was actually PMS and it got worse yesterday.  Sorry to my family for my bitchy mood.   I got my hair cut and colored yesterday morning.   The color, highlights and length were great but the style (especially when the stylist did it) was a bit too bob like and conservative.  I got home and Aiden told me I looked beautiful but my daughter and husband told me I looked like a librarian or teacher.   Not what I was looking for.   Well that put me into about a 4 hour funk.  Thanks to my period for that.   Anyway I eventually came out of it and Kaylie, Kelly and I had a nice dinner at True Food Kitchen, one of my favorite restaurants. The edamame dumplings are divine and the Panang Curry bowl with Tofu was excellent also.  Unfortunately,though, I woke up with a bit of a tummy upset and that affected my run this morning.


Ah yes, the 10 miles.   I got out a bit late at 8:45 to Penasquitos Preserve for my long run of the week.  I needed to be done by 11 so my hubby and I could head out of town to Palm Springs for a romantic night away from it all.  In fact, as I write this I am laying by the pool drinking a cocktail.  Back to the run.   Except for the stomach issues it was a good 10 miler.  At about mile 7 I ran past a gentleman who asked me if I worked for Kaiser.  I realized I had on the same free Kaiser cap that he was sporting.  As we jogged in place we exchanged name and Kaiser rank.  He's an oncologist named Paul Cheng.  We were going opposite directions so off we went but it was nice to make a brief connection.  Otherwise, it was an uneventful run.  The first 3 and last 3 miles are relatively flat with hills in the middle.  The sun came out blazing at the end which wasn't very nice of it. At the end I somewhat quickly got in the car to get home so we could leave for PS and felt like yacking but was better by the time I got home 10 minutes later   And now we are here in PS relaxing, chilling, vibing. The dj at the pool has some cool tunes playing and Kelly and I are people watching.  Lots of tattoos, cigarettes and people in their 20s having a good time. And despite our being ancient in this crowd we are having fun too. Oh and Happy Anniversary to the man who makes my life the best!

Finished Run: Jul 28, 2013, 10:39:42 AM
Route: New Route
Run Link: http://runmeter.com/423448324b5fff63/Run-20130728-0842?r=e
Import Link: http://share.abvio.com/423448324b5fff63/Runmeter-Run-20130728-0842.kml
Run Time: 1:56:17
Stopped Time: 0:49
Distance: 10.06 miles
Average: 11:33 /mile
Fastest Pace: 9:17 /mile
Ascent: 653 feet
Calories: 1068

http://www.runmeter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment