Saturday, October 26, 2013

my mantra in life







It's been over 3 weeks since I last posted.  The title of this blog has the word Journey in it. And it is a journey for sure.  Will I ever get there and does it really even matter?  I am doubting that I will ever run the 26.2. Lately, I have been less than enthusiastic at times to go running.  I have skipped quite a few planned runs.  I think in the last 3 weeks I have been doing only 2 runs a week, maybe 3.  And I haven't gone more than 6 miles in a while either.  Sometimes I want to run but lately more often than not I picture in my mind me running and it seems so boring and exhausting!  So, instead I sleep in or I eat breakfast and relax at home.   I am not sure what is going on. I think I am just tired of following my rules.  It feels good to break them. And stay up late , drink some wine, have some cookies--you get the idea.



I think maybe my goal of running a marathon is too far in the future.  But I don't feel ready right now.   I have 2 half marathons coming up which I should maybe do more for. But I think I can do them okay without major changes. I read  training books and on line guides and there is so much advice.  Cross training, core exercises, run Fartleks, run sprints etc.  and I do this a little, in spurts and then it just seems like too much so I go to my default which is to just run and do it a few times a week.  I sort of wish the marathon was sooner so I could really start preparing and just doing it. But I also don't want to amp it up yet. I think my original plan of 2015 is good.  Until I get closer though, I will be more relaxed.


I still think I will get there but I am a bit less sure. And even if I don't it is interesting in this attempt.  I am learning how to balance and not take it all too seriously. In fact that could be my mantra in life- learning how to balance and not take it all too seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment